terms & Conditions
This policy outlines Snip Internet LLC's process for collecting payment for services rendered, cancellation of services, supported payment methods and plan changes.
- Snip Internet charges in advance of services being provided. The first charge will be for a pro-rated amount of the monthly subscription cost based on the difference between the customer installation date and the 5th of the following month. For example, if your services are installed on the 15th of the month, you will be charged for the days between the 15th and the 5th of the following month and will be assessed upon installation of services. On the 5th of the following month the full amount of your monthly subscription will be assessed. 1
- Invoice terms are due upon receipt.
- Snip Internet will automatically charge the payment method on file on every monthly renewal until service is cancelled by the customer. In the event that the renewal charge fails for any reason and the service has not been cancelled our billing system will make several automated attempts to charge the payment method on file to bring the account current for up to 25 days.
- Billing begins on the customer’s installation date and will renew on the 5th of each month until cancelled.
- Snip Internet requires a valid payment method on file prior to activating services and for the duration of the subscription.
- Snip Internet does not issue paper bills or statements. Electronic copies of invoices, statements or transaction records are emailed to the registered email address for the subscriber account
- The service remains active until the customer notifies Snip Internet of a disconnect date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 844.383.7123
- Customers may disconnect service at any time for any reason.
- The disconnect date is chosen by the customer, however will be no sooner than the notification date for billing purposes. Service cancellations will be effective at the end of the current billing cycle and not prorated.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to return any Snip Internet owned equipment (Routers, Set Top Boxes, Remotes, Cables etc.) in good repair. Please see our return policy for more details.2
- If equipment is damaged more than normal wear and tear, Snip Internet reserves the right to assess charges to the payment method on file.
- The final billing date is the end of the last invoice term.
- Snip Internet may terminate service for nonpayment if the account is not brought current for 25 days after the renewal date.
- Customers can make payments via credit card or check (subject to approval). Credit card payments can be processed through the online portal.
- Customers can switch plans at any time (exceptions apply)3
- Service renewal dates can be different for promotional offers
- Snip Internet LLC reserves the right to assess charges for unreturned equipment to the payment method onfile upon cancellation. Any charges assesed will be refunded upon return of all Snip owned equipment.
- Billing for plan changes are effective upon the date requested with the exception of customers removing cable packages from their plan, those changes are effective the next billing cycle and cable services will be active until the end of the current cycle per the agreement wth our content provider
Our Goal Is Provide You With The Best Internet Possible and Achieving That Goal Requires Collection Of Information . All Of The Information We Collect Is Required For The Operation Of Our Internet Service. Snip Internet Will Never Sell The Information We Collect To Any Third Parties
Anonymous User Information
We collect information about each user that connects to our web site. Examples include the browser type, computer operating system, screen resolution, URL of the referring web site, the data and time of the visit, click path through the site, and your IP address. Snip Internet uses this information to evaluate the usability of our web site and to improve the overall operation of the web site.
Snip Internet collects additional information if you sign up for the Snip Internet service. Examples include your name, address, phone number and email address. Snip Internet uses this information to set up user accounts and billing purposes
Credit Card Information
Snip Internet collects additional information if you pay Snip Internet with a credit card. Examples include the credit card type, number, expiration data, CVV code, and billing address of the credit card. Snip Internet uses this information to process credit card transactions. None of this information is stored on equipment that Snip Internet owns or operates. All credit card related information is stored on our credit card processor's secured servers. (Elavon)
Security And Confidentiality
Snip Internet only uses the information collected to improve our service and to perform accounting functions. All information is protected using industry standard methods and is not sold to any outside party. However we cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized acts of others or accidental circumstances. Snip Internet is committed to protecting your information by periodically reviewing our information security methods to ensure we are following the best practices of the industry.
Our business is delivering the Internet to you, Fast as F*** and we agree with network neutrality. Here is how we implement network neutrality at Snip Internet.
- Our customers pay us to deliver the entire Internet.
- All packets are treated equally. Exceptions are made for violating the acceptable use policy or activity we deem malicious (Please see our Acceptable Use Policy)
- We do not accept payment from content providers to increase the prioritization of their packets or to decrease the prioritization of a competitor’s packets.
- We do not pay content providers to deliver service to our network.
- We adjust our peering relationships often to provide the best routes possible to our customers.
- It is normal for a customer’s experience with each website to be different. The customer’s experience is a combination of Snip Internets’ network performance, the destination's network performance, and the distance to the destination
Acceptable Use Policy
All Snip Internet customers must adhere to the following acceptable use policy when connecting to the Snip Internet network. Snip Internet uses various upstream providers to provide subscribers with direct access to the Internet via Snip Internet network services. Therefore, Snip Internet Subscribers use of Internet resources falls within the scope of the Acceptable Use Polices defined by our primary upstream carriers. These polices may change periodically and Snip Internet will provide updates as required or requested by Subscribers.
All Snip Internet subscribers are responsible for reviewing and complying with this Acceptable Use Policy. Snip Internet subscribers who provide services to other end users are responsible for compliance with the terms of this Policy by their end users and must take steps to ensure compliance by their users with this Policy. For the purposes of this Policy, "Subscriber" means each Snip Internet subscriber to whom Snip Internet provides services, and all employees, agents, and third parties to whom Subscriber makes Snip Internet services available. Snip Internet reserves the right to deny or terminate service to a Subscriber based upon the results of a security/abuse confirmation process used by Snip Internet. Such confirmation process uses publicly available information to primarily examine Subscriber's history in relation to its prior or current use of services similar to those being provided by Snip Internet and Subscriber's relationship with previous providers.
The actions described below are defined by Snip Internet as "network abuse" and are strictly prohibited under this Acceptable Use Policy. The examples named below are not exhaustive and are provided solely for guidance to Subscribers. If any Subscriber is unsure of whether a contemplated use or action is permitted, it is the Subscriber's responsibility to determine whether the use is permitted by contacting Snip Internet via electronic mail. The following activities are expressly prohibited, and Snip Internet expressly reserves the right, at its discretion, to pursue any remedies that it believes are warranted which may include, but are not limited to, the issuance of written or verbal warnings, filtering, blocking, suspending, or terminating accounts, billing Subscriber for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges or bringing legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by Subscriber violations. Such actions may be taken by Snip Internet without notice to Subscriber. In general, Snip Internet Subscribers may not use Snip Internet's network, machines, or services in any manner which:
- Violates any applicable law, regulation, treaty, or tariff, including but not limited to data privacy laws
- Violates the acceptable use policies of any networks, machines, or services which are accessed through Snip Internet's network
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights of Snip Internet or others;
- Violates the privacy of others; involves the resale of Snip Internet's products or services, unless specifically documented in a separate written agreement or in the initial Subscriber contract with Snip Internet
- Involves deceptive online marketing practices including, without limitation, practices that violate the United States Federal Trade Commission's guidelines for proper online marketing schemes
- Violates any specific instructions given by Snip Internet for reasons of health, safety or quality of any other telecommunications services provided by Snip Internet or by reason of the need for technical compatibility of equipment attached to the Snip Internet Network
- Materially affects the quality of any telecommunications services provided by Snip Internet; or otherwise violates this Acceptable Use Policy
Other Prohibited Activities
Prohibited activities also include, but are not limited to, the following
- Unauthorized use (or attempted unauthorized use) or sabotage of any computers, machines or networks
- Attempting to interfere with or denying service to any user or host (e.g. denial of service attacks and/or DNS spoofing attacks)
- Introduction of malicious programs into the network or Server (e.g. viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.)
- Scanning the networks of others for vulnerabilities without authorization
- Executing any form of network monitoring (e.g. using a packet sniffer) or otherwise engaging in any monitoring or interception of data not intended for the Subscriber without authorization; attempting to circumvent Subscriber authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking") without authorization
- Using any program/script/command, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a third party subscriber terminal session, via any means, locally or via the Internet
- "Phishing", that is simulating communications from and/or the website or other service of another entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information from the legitimate users of that entity's service
- "Pharming", that is using malware, DNS cache poisoning or other means to redirect a user to a website or other service that simulates a service offered by a legitimate entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information from the legitimate users of that entity's service transmitting or receiving, uploading, using or reusing material which is abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of copyright, confidence
- Privacy or similar third party rights
- Furnishing false or incorrect data on the signup form
- Attempting to circumvent or alter the process or procedures to measure time, bandwidth utilization, or other methods to document "use" of Snip Internet's products and services
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
It is the policy of Snip Internet to respond expeditiously to claims of intellectual property infringement. Snip Internet will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, when it is under its control, Snip Internet will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. Snip Internet will terminate access for Subscribers who are repeat infringers. For our IP transit, dedicated Internet access and collocation Subscribers, you must adopt and implement a Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy that reserves the necessary rights to remove or disable infringing material. If you believe that a copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on our site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our registered copyright agent with the following information
- Electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf
Notices of claimed infringement should be directed to email@example.com. When Snip Internet removes or disables access to any material claimed to be infringing, Snip Internet may attempt to contact the Subscriber who has posted such material in order to give that Subscriber an opportunity to respond to the notification. Any and all counter notifications submitted by the Subscriber will be furnished to the complaining party. Snip Internet will give the complaining party an opportunity to seek judicial relief in accordance with the DMCA before Snip Internet replaces or restores access to any material as a result of any counter notification.
VIOLATIONS AND CONTACT DETAILS
Snip Internet has absolute discretion in determining whether a Subscriber's activities or use of Snip Internet services are in violation of this Policy. Snip Internet reserves the right to suspend or terminate the provision of a Snip Internet service or services for Subscriber's breach of, or failure to comply with the Policy, which suspension or termination (i) may be immediate and (ii) may have a fixed or indefinite duration. Before taking such action, Snip Internet shall notify Subscriber in writing and afford Subscriber a reasonable opportunity to remedy the alleged failure to comply with the Policy, provided only that no cure or notice period shall be required where the failure to so comply represents, in Snip Internet’s reasonable opinion, an immediate and material threat to the integrity or security of the Snip Internet Network or to the services Snip Internet provides to others using its Network. In such circumstances, Snip Internet shall provide Subscriber with notice of the service suspension at the same time as such suspension, or as soon afterwards as is reasonably practical. Snip Internet agrees that any suspension of services pursuant to this paragraph will be as narrow in scope and duration as reasonably necessary for Snip Internet to protect its Network, rights, property, personnel and other subscribers